Below you will find instructions outlining how to install an SSL certificate on a cPanel web server.
Before You Start
Before you start, please make sure you have downloaded your certificate files. Still haven't downloaded your certificate? To get instructions for how to download your certificate (.zip), you can click here.
After downloading your certificate, you should have a ZIP containing the following certificate files:
- First, please log in to your cPanel account. Typically, you can access your account by navigating to https://domain.com:2083.
- Next, scroll down to the "Security" page of the cPanel homepage and select "SSL/TLS" to access the SSL/TLS Manager, which allows you to manage the configuation of SSL & TLS certificates.
- Click "Manage SSL Sites".
- Use the "Domain" dropdown menu to select the domain you would like to install your SSL certificate for.
- Now enter (copy & paste) your certificate files (certificate.crt, ca_bundle.crt & private.key) into the respective fields.
- Finally, click on "Install Certificate".
You have completed all required steps to install your SSL certificate. To check whether or not your certificate has been installed correctly, simply use the built-in ZeroSSL "Check Installation" tool or try accessing your domain using HTTPS, e.g. https://domain.com.
Your site has now been secured using your new SSL certificate!